Great news for Frost families!
Frost PTSA has received a $10,000 directed donation for the creation of a COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund. These funds will be used as direct check payments for rent or crucial utilities for current Robert Frost Elementary families. In addition, the PTSA will work with the Community Cares Team to connect families with other community resources that provide food, health support, and other vital needs.
In alignment with the Frost PTSA's equity commitments, and the unfortunate reality of limited funding, this rental and utility assistance will be prioritized for:
- Families who are already more than a month behind in rent and/or have already exhausted one-time rent support programs.
- Families who are unable to access unemployment funding due to their immigration status or employment nature (gig jobs, domestic workers, etc.)
- Families for whom English is a second language.
- Families with a greater number of children in their household.
- Single parent or Multigenerational families
- Families of color
All requests for funding will be reviewed twice a month by the Frost PTSA’s Community Cares Team with the above criteria in mind; final decisions will be determined by the three-person team with an understanding that we will sadly be unable to fulfill all requests. Frost PTSA will direct the COVID-19 fund which will be a separate initiative of the PTSA.
You can also download and print an application CovidApplication-Eng or CovidApplication-ESP and submit it in person at the Frost main office. Print versions are also available for pickup at the school through the main office, the Frost Counselor, Brynn Nielsen , and the Frost Family Liaison, Beverly Dosono . If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Rebecca Judy .